Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Live for each second, without hesitation

Yep: I guess that's why they call it the Blues. Not that I'm really blue, I just had my first mini-weep last night about being so far away from Ben for so long. And by "first", I mean first since the the Big Flood of January 3rd, when I cried in two states, every time I took off and landed, every time I thought about the fact that it is FIVE MONTHS of time apart, every time I heard from him (to start with, at least, which was annoying as it made it hard to actually read text messages) and on and off when back on UK soil, too. It was a fun trip.

Anyway, this is supposed to be an update about wedding planning, visa applications and the more interesting side of emigrating, as opposed to the slightly emoistic, lovelorn diaries of a betrothed Brit. The first thing is, of course, that the flights are now booked. So we're going!


Eeeeeeeeee! It's so exciting. And of course, there is now the obligatory countdown feature on this blog. Ben and I are booked on the same flight, which will obviously make the world of difference, and hopefully we'll be able to sit together too.

Other than that, venue scouting in the US is happening, and we've got some really lovely places lined up. Obviously we've already sorted the photographer! The venue for the engagement party in the UK is all booked, as well as the band. Photography at the party, flowers and dresses (which I'm shopping for with my folks and Joy this weekend - yippee!) need sorting now, plus a cake, and then we might be mostly done with what we can arrange for now. Phew!

NB All wedding stuff can be found on our wedding website, which you can get to by clicking on the photo. :)

6 comments:

  1. :D I love that lolcat!

    (Also, you...mostly you, really.) :D xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benjamin Lloyd's love:

    70:30
    Eve:lolcat

    Or is that too generous? ;) xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. No! :D

    It's more like

    90:10
    Eve:cats (not necessarily of the lol variety).


    ;)

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I do feel privileged. :D

    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write! I try to reply to everyone, and I love to read your comments.