Sunday, 25 December 2011

Where the love-light gleams

My wonderful family - one of my favourite photos of us.
As you might imagine, Christmas in NC, now knowing that I am going to be here for good (unlike last year, when it was the world's most exciting holiday), has caused me some mixed emotions. Right now, I am possibly less positive about it all because not only am I apart from my parents, brother, and sister-in-law, but Ben has also been working until late, meaning that I have not exactly been festive this Christmas Eve.

However, I've made a promise to myself (and Ben, as part of my vows) to always look for the good, the positive, the bright side (i.e. stop being a moaning cow as much as possible!), so with that in mind, I would like to say that I am lucky to have a family that I miss as much as I do. Which is a whole lot more than I can put into words, and it doesn't just count at Christmas. They are an incredible, supportive, zany, hilarious, loving, inspirational, warm, joyous bunch of people who deserve even more adjectives than that, but I'm afraid I'll make a paragraph out of one sentence should I continue. Mum, Dad, I love you and I miss you so very much, and I wish I didn't have to be away from you for such long periods at a time. Sam and Wren, you are the most fantastic brother and sister-in-law a girl could wish for, for so many reasons, and I really think you should move to America ASAP (and put Mum and Dad in your suitcase).

But seriously, merry Christmas. I wish I could be with you.
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write! I try to reply to everyone, and I love to read your comments.