Saturday, 3 March 2012

Not so quiet on the eastern front

I've been neglecting QE a bit recently, as I've had the huge pleasure of having my friend Vicky staying with us for the past 10 days. She's here until next Wednesday, so I imagine I might be a little less bloggy until mid-March as, after Vicky returns home, Ben and I are going to take a break together and disconnect from the rest of the world for a few days. For now though, I have some photos from Vicky's stay to share on here, and possibly one more post if I have time later today.

First night: dinner at Sir Ed's

Bird watching in the sunny garden

Lovely husband of mine
Vicky on the deck

Ender on the deck
Ender amongst the bird feeders

Breakfast at IHOP


Wandering around uptown Charlotte with cameras




Trivia at the Diner in Concord

Finally meeting Cassie!

Attacking me with straws

Friday at the Sleepy Poet antique mall 
Lady lunch at the Flying Biscuit on Saturday

Beard tickling
Roller derby bout on Saturday night: CSD vs. ARG
Introducing Vicky to queso blanco dip

Trolling



Trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway and Asheville




Silliness with the lovely Rae




Introducing Zebulon (lizard acquired in Asheville) to Ben! 
Hi!

2nd dinner at Sir Ed's

Concord
Concord



Diner round 2!

Happy!

Studio work - bit of a busman's holiday! 
Workin' 8-5... 


So, as you can see, we've been pretty busy! We've also had some lazy days at home, cooked proper dinners (including two pies), and watched a few movies and some American TV, including The Oscars 2012.

Over the next few days, we have plans to visit the NoDa district, wander around Lake Norman if the weather improves (we've had terrible storms over the last 24 hours, though nowhere near as bad as some areas of Charlotte), have dinner at The Cowfish followed by a sleepover with Cas and Brad, and maybe visit the Mint Museum Uptown to see the 'Fairytales, Fantasy, & Fear' exhibition that opened today. I'm not entirely sure what we'll do for Vicky's last night here, but hopefully it will be something big and special! It's been such a joy having her here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write! I try to reply to everyone, and I love to read your comments.