Saturday, 3 March 2012

You are not a cartographer

Recently, Ben suggested that I draw out a representation of how I see Charlotte right now, having lived here for  almost five months and been driving around here for about two. So, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my view of the city I now call home. Please don't judge me.



The amusing thing is that I can't really tell whether I'm right or not, other than when Ben had a quick look and laughed at the fact there's actually a park on top of our house, if my map is to be believed. I'm guessing there are some errors...

I plan on drawing this again in a few months or so, to see how much I've learned and how much I correct on this one. To that end, other than making plans to drive to other locations, I'm not going to look too closely at real maps, but if you want to check out how unlikely it is that cartography will be my back-up career, there's a Google map of the city area here.

3 comments:

  1. Post title inspired by:

    http://youarenotaphotographer.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's pretty close and I like that some of my favorite neighborhoods of this city are highlighted :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to write! I try to reply to everyone, and I love to read your comments.