Tuesday, 17 July 2012

LPR

After quick Google search, I found out that LPR can stand for:
  • Laryngopharyngeal Reflux
  • lineprinter (Linux/Unix-like system command)
  • Le Poisson Rouge
  • License Plate Recognition

However, for me it stands for Legal Permanent Resident. My green card has arrived!


It's actually green!

Seriously...?! Wow!

Apparently so! Wireless techno magic, all in one little card.


My immigration journey is now, as far as paperwork is concerned, paused for 21 months or so (just under two years, when my LPR status has to be reapplied for, known as 'removal of conditions'). I can just be, with this little card in my wallet. I need to change my SS card for one without EAD limitations, and apply for a US driving license (eek!), change my name on my passport and update my bank account when I've done that (not necessary but important to me). All of these things are relatively simple, and in my control. I have time. I live here.

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to write! I try to reply to everyone, and I love to read your comments.