Sunday, 22 December 2013

Red, Gold, and Green

My family arrived today. My beautiful, amazing friends took the day to be with me and us, to brunch and to anticipate and celebrate, to pick up and transport, and to drink Champagne and toast with us when we returned to my house. I'm pretty much beyond words at the moment, as I'm so happily overwhelmed by the wonderful fact of those incredible friends, and the joy of both renewed connectivity and much-needed familiarity of being next to my kin. I feel it in my heart and my blood and my breath that I'm recharging already, and I'm so excited to be able to be with them. It's true all the time, but especially now.

So, rather than gushing further (moi?!) tonight, I'll leave you with some multimedia captures from the day, which are mostly thanks to the bloody fantastic Cassie and Lesley. Firstly, Cas got a bit up close and personal with her camera in my face, which was contorted in contained excitement knowing that Mum, Dad, Sam, and Wren had all just landed:

Waiting at arrivals, not at all bothered.
Okay, maybe a little bothered.

Then, they filmed the moment that Mum and I saw each other:


video
I make no apologies. Not even to my broken feet.

After we got home, I took a quick shot of everyone saying hi. You know, to prove they're really here and I didn't totally dream it. 


video
Around my table! 


They're really here, and I couldn't be happier.



2 comments:

  1. So happy you shared this. I loved loved loved the video of ya'll running towards each other. So so so happy for you! -Joshua

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, lovely. I couldn't quite stop myself from legging it across the concourse! :D See you very soon, I hope.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to write! I try to reply to everyone, and I love to read your comments.