Sunday, 30 August 2015

They say love ain't fair, but I'm doing fine

I am sat at the Wine Vault, reviewing my lesson plans for the next week and doing a few other adulty things (paying property tax, checking emails, looking at mortgage rates, making sure the dog walker is booked, and other such grown-uppery), as well as some less necessary but fun stuff like looking at house listings online and reading this week's Post Secret.

I am happy. I am so very happy today. And I need to remember to write about that. Because whether it's an hour, or a day, or even (fingers crossed!) a whole week, being happy is to be celebrated and enjoyed and noted.

I've had an amazing anniversary weekend with my wonderful boyfriend. The fact that it's been a year since we decided (slash he told me he'd kind of already told a few people, ha ha ha) we were "official" is mind boggling in and of itself, as it's flown by. And yet so much has happened, changed, and been experienced, together and individually. And he really is amazing. We make the best team and I feel so lucky we found each other.

It would be possible to write more, about him and us, and about life here being as blessed as it is. But I think it's about time that I just admitted he makes me this happy. I know I'm more than fine as and by myself, just me. Crazy-anxious, energetic, anally retentive, generous, diligent, dedicated, nervous, passionate, loyal, stubborn, sensitive, caring, and resilient. All just me. But I also know that having him as a partner, him loving me, and us being us has made me joyful in a whole new way. Thank you for that, my love. You are the missing piece. Here's to many more years on our team. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to write! I try to reply to everyone, and I love to read your comments.